Coalition Against Duck Shooting
Our purpose is to permanently ban the recreational shooting of native waterbirds in Australia.
* Wounding rates are unacceptably high (one in four birds shot are wounded).
* 87% of Victorians want duck shooting banned (Morgan Poll, Oct. 2007).
* Three Labor State governments have already banned the activity - WA (1990), NSW (1995) and Queensland (2005).
* Duck shooting is unsustainable due to drought, climate change and global warming.
* Waterbird numbers across eastern Australia decreased by 82% since 1983 and in Victoria numbers dropped more than 70% in the past 25 years, “but the drop had been an astonishing 60% between 2007 and 2008” (Prof. R. Kingsford, University of NSW).